SAFETY MANAGER / HSE - SHE
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Are you able to assess risks in the workplace and can you develop and implement proactive measures that support ultimate safety? Make safety in our organization your first and natural priority and join our ever-changing business.
Our customer is establishing a new facility to fulfill their internal manufacturing requirements. The location is a prestige location adjacent to the Schiphol International Airport. The facility is being equipped with the latest automation technologies. There is plenty of scope of entrepreneurial people to think outside the box and leave their mark on what both our customer & syncreon intend will become a world class, flagship site – a future centre of excellence & innovation.
We value the safety of our workforce, customers and citizens of the communities in which we operate. Our aim: creating an injury-free workplace and a company culture where environmental excellence is second nature. As our beating heart of safety, we need you to manage our safety systems and procedures on site.
Safety now, safety later: facing workplace safety
Our customer’s recently established site is a high-tech facility – equipped with the latest technologies and automated solutions – we want to transform into a world-leading one. Ensuring everybody who comes on site can be safe is a challenging mission. That’s where you come in: you’ll be responsible for developing, documenting and maintaining our safety management systems and procedures, both on site and for our company.
To make sure there are no overdue audits or drills, you’ll maintain our internal audit & exercise drill programs. In addition, you’ll manage our safety training activities by leading our ERT (BHV) team and Safety Committee.
You’ll create a safe workplace for employees and customers by:
- Performing risk assessments, near misses and accident data, and analyzing them in order to present them to our senior management team;
- Developing site and company emergency response plans and the execution of follow-up activities;
- Ensuring site equipment is maintained according to safety requirements and safety supplies are replenished;
- Investigating accidents in a timely matter, conducting audits and workplace inspections, and planning safety tours as often as required;
- Collaborating with Safety Management representatives, our operational teams and other site stakeholders to improve the working environment and reduce the impact of safety issues.
Do you have what it takes to ensure safety in our organization?
We support calculated risk-taking and would like you to show us innovative thinking by challenging the balance and bringing new ideas into the open. Due to your excellent communication skills, you’re able to think like our customers and pursue excellence and growth in all you do. Speed is a competitive advantage, especially when solving root cause accidents and making decisions. You’re candid and open, and are familiar with Dutch regulations regarding safety of buildings and work. Either you know all about IATA DG regulations or are willing to learn more about them.
Our ideal safety professional:
- preferably holds a graduate degree in MVK (Middelbare Veiligheidskunde);
- has at least 5 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role, ideally in a warehouse or manufacturing environment utilizing automation machinery;
- is familiar with safety management systems, including ISO 45001 or OHSAS 18001;
- has internal auditing qualifications, e.g. ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or TS 16949;
- demonstrates computer literacy in MS Office (including bespoke database software like Q’pulse) and online collaboration tools.
- can do & now attitude
Let us know how you plan to create ultimate synergy
Suggest and implement risk-reducing initiatives and contribute to the overall safety of our people and customers. Are you ready? Apply directly by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the ''Apply'' button.
What’s in a name: meet syncreon
As a unity of leaders, our name fits perfectly. Think of us as the special forces of the logistics world: we aim to create unequalled, uncommon, strategic supply chain solutions to global industries. All designed and customized to achieve maximum flexibility and agility. Our goal? Enabling our clients to achieve the highest efficiency in their business.
With over 100 locations in 20+ countries, syncreon is the leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) and Supply Chain Solutions provider; delivering customized end-to-end, best-in-class logistics and supply chain solutions. Our core services focus on five key supply chain links: Inbound Logistics, Outbound Logistics, Fulfillment, Reverse and Repair, and Freight Management. Our Technology and Automotive premiere customers include but not limited to: Canon, Dell, IBM, Lexmark, Toshiba, BMW, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler, and Volkswagen Group. Our business grows consistently as existing customers extend their services and new brands partner with syncreon to design, build, and provide strategic value-added contract logistics services.
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Amsterdam, Safety management, Internal Audit, Risk assessment, HSE, SHE