|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
|Carriereniveau||Leidinggevend, Senior management|
Are you a senior Category Manager and ready for your next challenge? Do you have experience with E-commerce within an international environment? Welcome to Office Depot..
This is who we are
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better - whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Within Europe, Office Depot operates in thirteen countries through it's two main brands: Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden
This is the role:
As a Category Manager you lead a merchandising team to deliver all category and merchandising activities, across all channels, all customer groups and countries in scope (UK/IE/DE/AT/CH/NL/BE). You manage and appraise all resources within the merchandising team, provide leadership, guidance, knowledge and expertise to drive effective, efficient working practices. You formulate and realise a category strategy, determine the assortment selection, sales plans and targets in line with channel and market opportunities.
You lead a cross functional category team (Merchandising, Procurement, Supply Chain, Item Operations, BI and Content Development) with shared objectives and targets to drive category results, across all channels and countries in scope (UK/IE/DE/AT/CH/NL/BE).
- Developing the strategy for the assigned category including category, promotion and pricing strategies which contribute to the development of the overall business strategy.
- Determines the go-forward strategy for the category, such as expansion, reduction, diversification, strategy shift, defined to build year on year growth of category performance
- Translating the strategy into a tactical plan and budget for the assigned category, outlining the product selection, touch point planning, pricing tactics and promotional planning for the assigned category. Acquires approval and ensures implementation and execution of the plan
- Determines and realizes the optimal category assortment, determines the product selection / portfolio for different customer groups, in alignment with the product life cycle, as well as identifying and selecting new customer groups and sub categories aligned with the ‘go-to-market’ strategy in coordination with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Procurement
- Manages product performance, measuring progress across all KPI’s, taking insight and making commercial decisions and actions that drives touch point, product and category performance in a timely manner
- Manages price positioning and alignment across product assortments and countries, monitor and assess the effectiveness of agreed pricing policies, taking into account touch-point objectives, buyer and competitor reaction to the policies, and the required return on investment
- Determines final promotional plans to maintain, recover or improve performance, identifying opportunities to offer a competitive advantage to customers
- Manages the merchandising team to ensure the assigned category is merchandised across all touch points in an optimised, compelling way to secure customer demand
- Leads a cross functional team (Merchandising, Procurement, Supply Chain, Item Operations, BI and Content Development) which makes up the matrix “Category Team”, driving collaboration to ensure the assigned category meets customer needs effectively and efficiently
- Attracts, hires, leads, coaches and appraises associates within the team
- Responsible for managing 2-5 direct reports
- Decides on assortment, price, placement and promotion activities of a complete category for all channels and countries in scope (UK/IE/DE/AT/CH/NL/BE).
This is what you offer:
- Academic degree with 6 - 10 years of relevant experience in category management and/or merchandising in an international environment
- Ability to work competently with financial and statistical information, scrutinising it for areas of opportunity and creating action points from the discoveries
- Customer focus; meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Accountability/integrity; taking ownership of business issues and reliably “walking the talk”
- Innovation management; bringing creative ideas into the business
- Presentation skills; clear communication of ideas to engage and onboard stakeholders
- Motivating and developing others; creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Able to generate business decisions from statistics in order to shape and improve business activities and drive profitable sales growth
- Organizational Agility; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
- Priority setting; Management of tasks and team in line with expectations
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluent knowledge of English, spoken and written. Other language skills (Dutch, German, Spanish, French or Italian) would be a distinct advantage
This is what we offer
We welcome you to a challenging, international environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences. At Office Depot you get the chance to develop yourself and to discover your talents. Besides that we offer:
- 24 days of leave, and in addition; 12 ADV days based on a fulltime contract;
- Opportunity to buy Office Depot products with a significant employee discount;
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance;
- Healthy work-life balance and flexible working hours
For further information about this challenging role you can contact Kirsten de Roo, via 00316-41213022. Are you interested and do want to apply? Please send your application to Kirsten de Roo via the 'Apply' button.
Keywords:Vacancy, Fulltime, Parttime, Venlo, Management, Merchandising.